Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Believe

I lived in the Tenderloin. If you know San Francisco, you know what this means. It means either you don't care or can't. I felt both at one time. My cat and I. It was a sad place to be, and yet to be there you had to be completely void of emotion. Sometimes, that is where you have to be so you can believe again. In yourself, your friends, money, family. My cat suffered the most, alone and waiting for me to find me. She waited, looked out the window and was excited to see me everytime I came in. From then on we never left each other again.

I am not void of emotions now. I believe I am simply on the cusp of something. I have no idea. My emotions are raw, exposed, irrational and hard. Believe, believe. I think in general terms anyone could understand this feeling, its the context that gets us here that is hard to swallow. It's colder than winter here.

No comments: