Thursday, February 7, 2008

On Mustard


I always take the time to look up a word before I actually expell something from my mouth. Mustard is a fine condiment, it is made of course using the tiny mustard seed, vinegar, spices and water. Wikipedia says "A strong mustard can cause the eyes to water, burn the palate and inflame the nasal passages. " Ouch, harsh. I prefer the sweeter kind I think.


My mom (Jo) had a necklace that her mother (Bess) gave her and she gave to me (me). It is a mustard seed encased in some kind of holder...don't ask. She told me once that if I just have the faith of that small seed that I could move a mountain. I actually tried it once. I tried to fly once too. Neither worked. Although I was wearing my pink blanket as a cape I really believed I could fly with it. I did in my dreams...why not awake? I think I'll work on my mountain.


I love mustard, had it last night on rice. Why be predictable? To cut the mustard" means to achieve the desired standard...I feel mountains moving.

No comments: