Thursday, March 6, 2008

Black Soul

We've all felt this. Even in our first relationships as children. I felt in elementary school at Augusta Circle, when my best friend Rene Taylor, changed schools. I had no idea how I would see her again. She lived too far away for me to ride my bike to see her. Across the main street, too large for a small bike. I cried and cried. I'm still looking for her. I bet she is a success wherever she is, and beautiful.

I kissed a boy in 5th grade. My first real kiss with Brian Carver, but I liked Allen Ivester at the same time. I made a choice. No not as big as Sophie's choice but I made a choice nonetheless. I cried and cried.

All of these things make us stronger. Even as little kids we get that. We make mistakes and we cry. People hurt us and we cry. But we can most certainly feel this soul again.


No comments: