Monday, March 10, 2008

Shells and Bottles


I have a collection of things I find by the shore at my office. So far, two well formed rocks that look like eggs, some shells and recently added a bottle. Looks like small medicine bottle. I've always been intrigued with glass, by the pure simple fact that it comes from sand.

I like bottles, I don't collect them, although I like antique bottles. I think the cleaner the better. So this moved me on into thinking about bottles ....and a possible jeannie. As in Barbabra Eden. She was in the afternoon lineup when I got home from school. Flintstones, Gilligans, Brady Bunch, James at 15, I Dream of Jeannie, and Andy Griffith. By then it was supper time.

She had a cool bottle. Pinks and reds, lots of cushions, pillows. I loved when she was tossed around and she landed on a pillow. What would I wish for? Would I have more than one? What if it wasn't right? Are we ever sure, even when we get a free wish. What if we just wanted the Jeannie?

No comments: